Saturday 6 September 2014

Why I chose AS media studies.

I chose AS media studies because I really like the subject and find the concept of media very interesting. I had done media in year 9 for an extra GCSE and I really enjoyed it as it involved analysing, filming and creating magazines, leaflets and posters. In GCSE media I learnt quite a lot of interesting things and how the media has a big impact on peoples lifestyles.

I believe media is a great subject and that it is part of everyday life. I feel that the more I learn about media, the more my knowledge of the society and world around us will broaden.
The whole world revolves around media and we are all involved and interact with the information it contains. With media you are able to comprehend and influence the younger and older generations which I find intriguing. The media to me is very important as a source of information about our own community and people around the world. Without it we would not know what is happening around us as it would be a struggle for us to know what is going on in the local area or other countries.

By the end of the year I would like to gain more knowledge on the world of media. I would also like to achieve a Grade B or above for all my work including coursework, exams and the practical work we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment